Wednesday 22 April 2015

Coconut Crunch Cookies

      Cookie week is drawing to a close. It's a short week, let's just pretend that tomorrow is a holiday because Papa Bear has about 11 bags of cookies in the freezer and believe it or not, I'm tired of baking. Really I'm more tired of doing the dishes after baking so it looks like this may be it for me and the KitchenAid mixer until Christmas and I will miss him. But I leave Vancouver on a (sugar)high note with these amazing Coconut Crunch Cookies. The cookies themselves aren't crunchy, they're nice and moist and cakey, the crunch comes from the almonds and the coconut. In a limited study of my family and the people I worked with when I made them last they were rated very highly. 


Coconut Crunch Cookies
make a lot (3 dozen maybe?)

1 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 c flaked coconut
1 package milk chocolate chips
1-1/2 c chopped toasted almonds

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs and extracts.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter and mix until combined. 
Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
Drop in 1-1/2 inch scoops onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350ºF (180ºC) until lightly browned.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Share with people who you want to like you. 

Until London, Happy eating!

-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment