Monday 20 April 2015

Snickerdoodles

       I've never had a Snickerdoodle before. I didn't know I wanted one. Now I know. I do want them, they are chewy cinnamon sugar goodness. How is this the first time I've discovered these? There's no going back now though, these cookies are officially in my rotation and I will be making them again son. They're simple enough to make and with the exception of the chilling time, don't take very long at all. 



Snickerdoodles
Makes 14


1/2 butter, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

1/4 c granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
Beat in the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Flatten each ball slightly and place on a plate, covering and refrigerating for at least one hour (or freeze for 30 minutes).
Remove dough from freezer and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 
Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet or transfer to a wire rack after a few minutes. 

Happy munching!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment