Friday 12 June 2015

No Pudge Fudge

I'm having to eat my words these days, but I'm actually alright with it as they taste like fudge! I've never bought into this whole gluten, dairy, sugar, fat, free dessert thing, banana oatmeal cookies just aren't as good as oatmeal chocolate chip. If you were going to eat the calories you might as well just have the chocolate chip cookie because at least you'll enjoy it more! But when Lauren was faced with balancing an elimination diet with her sweet tooth I figured the universe had sent me to live in her house for three weeks to solve this conundrum. Really, I lucked out because this was the first recipe I tried so it wasn't like I had thirty different awful cardboard brownies in the garbage before I found a winner but I guess I picked a pretty safe bet with coconut and chocolate.


If you like coconut and chocolate then you will love this fudge, period. Doesn't matter if you're trying to be healthy or not the bottom line is it's really, really good

COCONUT OIL CHOCOLATE FUDGE

1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 tbsp coconut or almond milk
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
2. Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.
3. Pour into either a parchment line 4x4 (small) dish or an ice cube tray.
4. Put in freezer until solid.
5. Keep refrigerated or frozen.


Obviously the whole "No pudge" thing isn't really true but hey if it's delicious and healthier than the alternatives what's not to enjoy!?

Happy (healthy) indulging!

-Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment