Tuesday 8 August 2017

A Midsummer Night's Pean-ut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

  • Once upon a rainy Friday (which are just so rare in Vancouver) I felt the urge to take full advantage of the, as some would call it, "crappy" weather and bake up a nice batch of cookies. Not content to go for an old staple I raided my Pinterest and came up with these beauties. A twist on a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, already a favourite in my house, the addition of peanut butter could only make them that much more delicious I thought. And I was right. Described by some as "the best cookie they've ever had" the 400 or so cookies this recipe makes (I'm exaggerating but not by much) disappeared quickly, most of which went into my own belly. I will admit I tried to freeze a few for "later" and which turned out to be the next day after a particularly long day. I regret nothing. However, if you haven't quite developed the skill that I have perfected for putting away mass quantities of sweets you may want to half the batch, or you can just give some away. You know where to find me!

    • Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

    • 1/2 cup butter
    • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
    • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
    • 1 cup white sugar
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 2 teaspoons baking soda
    • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
    • 11.4 ounce bag chocolate chips
    Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC
    ✩ Beat together butter and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl until well combined. 
    ✩ Add sugar and brown sugar and mix until smooth. 
    ✩ Beat in eggs and vanilla.
    ✩ Add honey and baking soda then stir in oats and chocolate chips. 
    ✩ Using an ice cream scooper or large spoon, spoon heaps of mixture onto ungreased cookie sheets leaving room for the cookies to spread out while baking. 
    ✩ Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden around edges and just a hint gooey in the centre. 
    ✩ Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. 

    In my opinion it's better to take them out a little too soon than too late as slightly gooey is better than crispy in my family but they still taste good either way. Whatever floats your boat. 

    -H

    from the post on A Dash of Sanity


No comments:

Post a Comment